A critical component to enhancing a child’s development and learning is movement. To improve a child’s mobility, our physical therapists target specific impairments that adversely affect how the body functions. Our goal is to improve a child’s mobility through a variety of interventional strategies including but not limited to:
- Enabling developmental gross motor skills such as standing, crawling, rolling, sitting and walking
- Development of strength and core stability through practical activities
- Incorporating balance and coordination skills into play based activities
- Promoting stretching programs to improve muscle length and range of motion
- Reducing pain through use of therapeutic modalities
- Acquisition of adaptive equipment and patient and family education as needed
Learn more below about how our therapists make a difference, along with why physical therapy is important.